Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life on a Harley

Late last summer I bought a Road King from my Brother-in-law.  Kudos to Mark it is a beautiful bike.  I've  been on, around or owned motorcycles most of my life with just a few empty spaces in there.  Most of the bikes I've owned I've had to resurrect from the dead so to speak.  They were the kind of bikes that if I rode for three hours I would spend four hours working on it.  This is by far the nicest bike I've owned, and of course I love riding it, which I proved by doing 4 round trips between Indiana and Florida between late September and November last year.
Now we have a bit of a situation.  Not too long ago the bike developed a wobble in the rear.  One day going around a corner two blocks from the house I heard a snap and was almost thrown from the bike.  I called the dealer and their best guess was wheel bearings in the rear.  I finally broke the bike down yesterday.  The bearings are fine, but what I found wasn't so fine.  It seems I have about 6 broken spokes.  I guess tomorrow I'll find out what it costs to re-spoke a rim.  I may be buying a solid rim...

Hopefully I'll be back on the road sometime next week.  Then I'll start my journey of photos from the road series.  Maybe Maria will join me?
Tony Wilhelm

No comments:

Post a Comment